2.11.2009

taco night

Hello friends.

If there is one thing I do well in life, it's Taco Night. I kick the crap out of taco night EVERY WEEK. The chicken I make for the tacos has garnered the highest praise I have ever recieved from Brandon in regards to food: "Your chicken? It's really good. Really."

I know, if he keeps that up, I'll get a head as big as three chickens! And not nearly as tasty! So I want to share the awesomeness of chicken tacos with you. Behold, the cast of characters:

Chicken breasts, beer (I prefer Corona, Sol, or Pacifico for this), onion, cumin, cayenne pepper, Lawrey's HOT taco seasoning.

Cut up your onions. Don't feel the need to make this pretty. Pretty is for wimps. Now, take your chicken. Trim it. You don't want to get (gasp) fatter. Plus, it gives you the illusion of health--less fat! It's like you just turned it into brocolli.

Now put it in your pan. Put some of those onions on, and add the cayenne and cumin to taste. I happen to be a rabid cumin fan, so I put on more than most, I think.

Open beer. Take swig. Pour beer onto chicken. Take two more swigs.

Now, let this poach and get happy. When it's almost done, I take the chicken out and shred it. It's a scientific fact that shredded chicken actually tastes better than whole or cubed. You can Google it.

Put the shredded nearly-cooked chicken back into your pan, add the taco mix and water. Stir. Heat until things are cooked all the way through. You can then start eating out of the pan, but etiquette dictates waiting for a tortilla.

Enjoy!

For dessert: tropical margaritas. These are almost as good as tacos.

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

Thank you for the recipe! I LOVE your tacos!!!

Shawna said...

This sounds yummy. I am going to try it.